Friday, November 27, 2009

I have straight brown hair, everytime I try new shampoo, it works for a while, then my hair gets dry

I have tried so many kinds of Shampoo/Conditioner. I just want one that will keep my hair soft without making it oily. I was interested in trying SunSilk, but I'm scared. I have tried the following: Herbal Essences (makes my scalp dry %26amp; itchy), John Freida Brilliant Brunette, Suave Radiant Brunette, Garnier Fructis, Pantene (leaves a layer of wax on hair), Aussie, Thermasilk...I'm sure there are more that I can not think of! Also, I blow dry %26amp; straighten my hair daily, %26amp; I HATE putting any kind of gel, mousse, wax, serum, etc. in my hair. I just want to straighten it %26amp; go! PLEASE HELP ME WITH SOME SUGGESTIONS!



I have straight brown hair, everytime I try new shampoo, it works for a while, then my hair gets dry or oily!?

How often do you shampoo? If it's not daily, no shampoo will help much.



I see a clue in "dry and itchy." Many ingredients can cause mild allergic reactions. Even something like baby shampoo can cause it.



I suggest a very mild, preferable organic shampoo without conditioners, etc. You may have to go to a health food type store to find something. Then use a separate condition but not on the scalp. Many conditioners have a silicone product in it, hence the waxy build up. Quatarium (sp?) or words sounding like are your clue.



Neutrogena makes a clarifying shampoo that will remove buildup. Suave makes a clarifying shampoo that might work well for you also.



Hope this helps.



add:



Lizzie is incorrect. Shampooing isn't bad for hair, the type of product you use is.



Veronica is correct. Stop blowdrying. You will be astounded at how much your hair will improve.



I have straight brown hair, everytime I try new shampoo, it works for a while, then my hair gets dry or oily!?

maybe if you rotate between the types of shampoos and conditioners...and why are you scared of using sunsilk...that is what i use and my hair is fine



I have straight brown hair, everytime I try new shampoo, it works for a while, then my hair gets dry or oily!?

Don't shampoo too often or your hair will dry out. If you want to just straghten and go, your best bet is a ceramic hair iron (v. expensive, but worth it) I use CHI 1". All you have to do is spray a heat protectant (many brands, CHI makes Silk Infusion) just so your hair doesn't get damaged, straighten, and go! My hair lasts the two days between washings with this method! And I never wash with shampoo everytime, I use the Suave knock off of the John Frieda burnette stuff conditioner and condition the tips. If you don't have oily hair you can get away with this, I have normal type hair but it gets dry in the winter and this method keeps my hair amazingly soft. Blow drying and straightening with normal copper coil dryers/irons really damages your hair and never stays well, hence all the products you need to use to keep it straight. The ceramic does something with ions and makes your hair look amazing and shiny, very professional. I got mine off Ebay for 63 bucks, cheapest I could find, this is a 200 dollar straightener so definitely a deal! Oh yeah, and as for the hair dryer, maybe you can get away using a normal one and then straightening with the ceramic flat iron? B/c the ceramic blow dryers are expensive too.



I have straight brown hair, everytime I try new shampoo, it works for a while, then my hair gets dry or oily!?

The reason why shampoo looks good when you first buy it and then makes your hair look so dull after a while is because wax starts building up. You should use a clarifying shampoo once a week. Pantene has a good clarifying shampoo. This shampoo with strip your hair of all the wax and chemical buildup in your hair.



I have straight brown hair, everytime I try new shampoo, it works for a while, then my hair gets dry or oily!?

well stop blow drying and staighneing because that drys out ur hair or at least the blow drying does just let ur hair dry naturally b4 straighneing. for washing ur hair wash in cold water



I have straight brown hair, everytime I try new shampoo, it works for a while, then my hair gets dry or oily!?

i have the same kind of hair what you have to do is rotate. =]

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
computer security