Thursday, June 17, 2010

Dry, Brittle hair, Split ends, because of medical issues, what to do?

I have Thryoid Cancer, ever since the radiation my hair has started to thin out, break, brittle, lose its shine. Now that I have since had a baby it is worse.. It is straggly too. I get it trimmed, and it does not matter the split ends start right back up the next day. Have tried salon products like Redkin Extreme. What to do? What diet would be helpful? Or any suggestions?



Dry, Brittle hair, Split ends, because of medical issues, what to do?

Are you STILL getting radiation therapy? If you are, then your hair will continue to be bad until your radiation therapy is over. Sorry, but there is no way around that.



If I were in the same boat, then I'd buy myself a really terrific collection of head scarves, and I'd wear them all the time. They can be lots prettier than hair, and they're a lot less trouble. The sales girls at the scarf counters or shops can show you lots of cool ways to tie them.



Dry, Brittle hair, Split ends, because of medical issues, what to do?

My mother had this problem (she was on synthroid), and the only thing that helped was nutritional supplements high in biotin and cysteine, vitamins for the hair.



Before she used it her hair was like what you described, and afterwards she said it was healthier then when she was even a young girl and it did look great and full.



Mom has since passed (unrelated reasons), but maybe this information will be helpful to you. - Best Wishes.



See if this information helps:



http://www.google.com/search?hl=en%26amp;lr=%26amp;s...



Dry, Brittle hair, Split ends, because of medical issues, what to do?

visit a health food store for some vitamins, and use hot oil treatments on your hair. good luck.



Dry, Brittle hair, Split ends, because of medical issues, what to do?

When I notice some split ends, I use this stuff called Biosilk Silk Therapy. It's a clear liquid that you can run through wet hair. It makes your hair soft, shiny, and healthy.



I've also used Biolage Matrix deep conditioning for color treated hair (even though I don't color my hair). That works great too. Not too pricey, but really good.



Another thing: my best friend also had Thyroid Cancer and was experiencing the same thing with her hair. She started taking vitamins from Avon specific for the hair. Hope that helps!



Dry, Brittle hair, Split ends, because of medical issues, what to do?

I recommend talking with your physician first. But I am taking a medication that causes my hair to be brittle, thin, and easily breakable.



I take 200 mcg of Selenium and 50 mg of Zinc daily. They help me immensely. These were prescribed by my doctor once I told him about my hair loss.



Dry, Brittle hair, Split ends, because of medical issues, what to do?

Hmm, darling, I think the radiation has already damaged those hair follicles but don't give up. You can keep trimming but the entire strand is damaged so you won't see much improvement I don't think. Thats why people who get radiation lose their hair. However, new hair will come out...just hang in there. The next hair you grow will be better. It's like burning the lawn. After you burn it all, it comes back greener than ever. :-)



Dry, Brittle hair, Split ends, because of medical issues, what to do?

Creams can temporarily make your hair look healthier, but the only way to fix split ends is to cut them off. To prevent future split ends don't wash your hair every day, wet hair is more easily damaged(also don't comb or brush wet hair if you can avoid it). Use a moisturizing shampoo and intensive conditioner. The heat and dryness from blow drying your hair can cause damage. Don't die or perm your hair or use styling products that contain alcohol. Curling irons, straighteners and other heated styling utensils are not good for your hair so don't use them or use them only occasionally.



Taking a multi-vitamin and a good balanced diet will help hair grow stronger and sometimes faster, but these result won't be seen for awhile, because hair grows so slow.



Have you thought about a wig or hair extensions. There are lots of similar products that can help make your hair look healthier, thicker and even longer. Clip-on extensions can be worn and taken out whenever you want, they also cause no more damage then a regular hair clip.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
computer security